The jury also watched a video of a police interview on April 26, eight days after the alleged attack, in which the victim told an officer: "He turned me around. I said 'oh god stop'." Mr Huq, now of Neville Road, Selhurst, claims the teenager consented to sex.
The online video website You Tube was soon host to much video footage of the riots, which had been recorded by witnesses and participants.
The riots have generated significant ongoing debate among political, social and academic figures about the causes and context in which they happened.
Overnight, looting took place in Tottenham Hale retail park and nearby Wood Green.
The following days saw similar scenes in other parts of London, with the most rioting taking place in Hackney, Brixton, Walthamstow, Peckham, Enfield, Battersea, Croydon, Ealing, Barking, Woolwich, Lewisham and East Ham.
Nasir Huq, Ameen Noori and Ahmed Faiq, all 18, were found not guilty yesterday afternoon of sexually assaulting two girls at a flat in Croydon in April 2013.
Mr Huq, of Neville Road, had been on trial at Croydon Crown Court accused of raping the "trusting" teenager with Down's syndrome who prosecutors claimed did not have the mental capacity to understand or consent to sex.
Rumours of a hospital being targeted by rioters in Birmingham were also proven to be wrong, as were rumours of disturbances in the Heath Town district of Wolverhampton, which had witnessed a serious riot in May 1989.
By 15 August, more than 3,000 arrests had been made across England, with more than 1,000 people issued with criminal charges for various offences related to the riots. An estimated £200 million worth of property damage was incurred, and local economic activity - which in many cases was already struggling due to the recession - was significantly compromised.
By continue using our website you agree that cookies can be used for improved experience.